Sunday, May 6, 2012

WOD - MONDAY, MAY 7TH 2012

* LETS GET A BIG WEEK OF TRAINING IN!

** WE MISSED THE WHOLE KOB FAM THIS WEEKEND.  IT WAS A GREAT AND SUCCESSFUL WEEKEND.
HERE IS A PHOTO OF MIKE REPPING THE KOB GEAR AT THE 2012 MIDATLANTIC REGIONALS! AND YES HE DID HIT THAT WEIGHT!

*** REMINDER NO 6AM MONDAY MORNING.

SUPERCLEARY ONE UPPING KAIT!


STRENGTH
* WE WILL BE STARTING A 8 WEEK - 20RM SQUAT CYCLE.  THIS WILL BE AWESOMELY BRUTAL!  HOWEVER,  AT THE END OF THE 8 WEEKS OUR GOAL IS TO TURN YOUR 5RM BACK SQUAT INTO YOUR 20RM BACK SQUAT!

- WE WILL GIVE YOU GUYS 15 MIN TO FIND YOUR 20 RM BACK SQUAT.  BUT A GOOD STARTING POINT WOULD BE 70% OF YOUR 1RM!

WOD
"KB CHALLENGE"
5 ROUNDS - 1 MIN ON AND 1 MIN OFF KB SWINGS.
*YOUR GOAL IS TO COMPLETE 30 KB SWINGS IN EACH MINUTE.
** FOR EVERY ROUND NOT COMPLETED YOU WILL OWE A 800M RUN!

1 comment:

  1. I live in a remote area where I have to be my own Crossfit and I often browse affiliate sites for wod ideas and I just wanted to say that I think you have really great programming and I'm jealous of your clients who have access to it in person!

    I especially loved/hated the KB Challenge WOD. When you're on your own, without coaches or the threat of your crappy time being posted on a whiteboard, it's easy to turn Fran (and all the others) into a "Take Your Time Fran" with multiple and lengthy breaks, but this one had a built-in incentive to keep me going at a "regulation" pace.

    When I was going through the wod in my head, I had just kind of accepted the fact that I'd be running a full 4000m at the end, but then I got really mad about that during the first minute, and somehow managed to finish all 30, all 5 rounds. It was brutal. Given my "normal" KB swing now that no one's around to yell at me (long pause at the top when the KB is directly overhead), I really had to push myself to do all 30 in 1 minute, but for the first time in a long time, I got to that "This is the WORST moment of my day, I am NEVER doing this again" place that I love/hate so much about CF.

    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete